WN Classroom & Material Pick-up & Drop-off
May 11, 2020 -Your child's classroom and locker materials may be picked up from school on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, May 19 from 9-11 AM and 5-7 PM
- Thursday, May 21 from 9-11 AM and 5-7 PM
- Friday, May 22 from 9-11 AM
Please see the attached letter for more information. Have an extraordinary week.
Material Pick-up & Drop-off
WN NHS Outstanding Educator Awards
WN National Honor Society Outstanding Educator Awards
National Honor Society students reveal educators that have had a lasting influence on their lives.
Senior Walk 2020
Senior Walk 2020 - Produced by Mr. Mike Weimer
The Senior walk is a tradition at West Noble. Seniors walk the halls of all WN buildings in graduation attire and get high fives and cheers. Even though this year is not the same, WN Staff has brought the walk to the Seniors!
WNMS 8th Grade Celebration
MS Late-Winter Athletic Awards - LIVE
Attention Late-Winter Athletic teams (6th, 7th, & 8th Girls Basketball, Gymnastics, & Wrestling): IT'S HAPPENING - Athletic Awards Program will be going LIVE STREAM this Wednesday, May 20th @ 5 p.m. This part of the program will be the recognition of the Student/Athletes, announcement of 'special' awards & info about the individual team awards will be given.
WNHS Senior Awards 2020
Senior Awards 2020 - We are proud of our 2020 senior award and scholarship winners. Please watch the video to celebrate these amazing students!
WNHS Winter Sports and Spring Senior Recognition
Unfortunately, since we were unable to have the Winter Awards Program to recognize our Winter athletes, we did not want their efforts and commitments to go unnoticed. The coaches for the winter sports made videos to honor their MVP and Sportsmanship winners.
COVID-19 has not just put an unjust closing to the Winter sports season it also did not allow our spring sports to start. As we feel bad for all the spring athletes, our heart really goes out to our seniors. Our coaches decided since the seniors will not be able to compete, they made videos talking about each of their seniors to give them the recognition they deserve.
HS Winter Sports & Spring Senior Recognition Videos
Just a reminder that you are loved and missed. In case you missed the parade on Tuesday, there were 140 cars filled with your teachers, former teachers, instructional aides, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, custodians, and others who just wanted to see your faces. Here is a very short video highlighting the fact that we miss you.
We miss YOU!
The West Noble staff will be parading through our community at 2 pm on Tuesday, April 21. Watch for the sirens and the West Noble bus!
Parade Order... Kimmell, Cromwell, Ligonier, Wawaka. WN STAFF PARADE ROUTE
See you soon!
WNSC Continuous Learning Plan
WNSC Continuous Learning Plan / Remote Learning (COVID-19) - West Noble School Corporation will deliver high-quality continuous learning opportunities for all students through eLearning. Learning opportunities will be delivered through digital platforms such as Google Classroom, YouTube, Google Meets, Remind, and Class Do Jo. Paper packets will be created and distributed to students for additional enrichment, supplemental class materials, or distance learning if digital learning is not an option for a child's family. Read more.
WN School Schedule - update April 29, 2020
April 29, 2020 - We will miss our Charger students/athletes a little longer. IDOE indicates that school facilities including athletics must remain shut down until June 30. No athletics until that date or further guidance from the state.
April 03, 2020 - Superintendent Mast
Good afternoon West Noble. We have received new guidance from the Governor's Office and from the Indiana Department of Education. Face to face instruction in all Indiana Schools has been canceled for the 19-20 school year. However, the DOE is asking us to be sure to conduct at least 160 school days, which means that we at WN will be having 19 E-Learning Dates, starting the Monday after Spring Break. We have completed 141 school days thus far for the 19-20 school year.
E-Learning Days will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. Assignments for the week will be given on Mondays and are due on Friday of that same week. Teacher office hours are 9-11 and 1-3 daily on Mon, Wed, Fri. The week of May 18-22 is the final week of school. There will be 4 E-Learning days that week (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri). The first day of E-Learning is April 13. Our final day is May 22.
eLearning / Newsletters
May 4, 2020 - This is National Teacher Appreciation Week! We are so thankful for our teachers; especially during these difficult circumstances. Please take a moment to send a message to your favorite teachers, to let them know you are thankful for them this week!
- May 18, 2020 - eLearning Summary - It's the final week of school for WNHS! Here is a summary of your final assignments. Do your best and know that we are #ChargerProud of how you've handled this situation. Finish strong!
- Graduation date Friday, July 10th at 8:15 P.M. on the Charger Football Field. We will celebrate with our class of 2020 graduates! Due to social distancing guidelines put in place by the Governor, graduation on July 10th at 8:15 pm (rain date of July 11th at 8:15 pm) at West Noble High School Football Field will be limited to 2 guest tickets per student. More information will be coming.
- May 11-15, 2020 - eLearning Summary - Here are WNHS assignments for the week of May 11. The finish line is getting close. Make sure you finish strong Chargers!
- May 11, 2020 - Senior Awards 2020 - We are proud of our 2020 senior award and scholarship winners. Please watch the video to celebrate these amazing students!
- May 4-8, 2020 - eLearning Summary - Week of May 4 assignments! This info is also emailed to you! Check your email and keep working hard!
- April 27 - May 1 - eLearning Summary - West Noble High School assignments for Week 3 distance learning. Proud of you Chargers! Keep up the good work. Continue to check email and Google Classroom. #GoChargers #WNHS
- April 20-24, 2020 - eLearning Summary
- April 13-17, 2020 - eLearning Summary
- April 8, 2020 - Spring Break Challenge - Post a picture of what you/your family are doing with this unique Spring Break. #Chargers
- 8th Grade Celebration
- May 18, 2020 - Good Morning, Chargers! We have arrived at the last week of school!
Final assignments will be posted on Google Classroom this morning. They are due Friday, May 22 by 3:30 PM. Don't forget to fill out your attendance form for this final week!
Also, please be sure to stop by during our Materials Pick-Up/ Drop Off hours to turn in library books, paper copies of assignments (if any) and receive your bagged locker items.
Have a great week!
- May 15, 2020 - 8th Grade Celebration LIVE - May 20th @ 3:30 PM - Celebration Program - Class video posted immediately following.
- May 15, 2020 - 8th Grade Information - Good Morning! Your t-shirts are here! We bagged up all personal items from lockers as well as Holocaust projects. All of these items will be available for pick up during the student materials drop off times next week. Even if you cleaned out your locker before we shut down, you still have items for pick-up. If you are completing paper-pencil assignments, please drop off materials during this time too. Stop by and see us next week!
- May 11, 2020 - Good Morning, Chargers! We are beginning Week 5 of our Continuous Learning Plan. Assignments for the week have been posted in Google Classroom. Please be sure your child completes the attendance form for this week! Mr. Mast will be sending out a letter today with details about the West Noble process for drop-off and pick-up of student materials. Have a great week!
- May 4, 2020 - It's Week 4, Chargers! We are in the second half of our Continuous Learning Plan. Please remember to access your assignments and this week's attendance form in Google Classroom. Go Chargers!
- April 27, 2020 - Welcome to Week 3 of our continuous learning plan! Assignments have been posted on Google Classroom. Students will need to fill out this week's attendance form. We are standing by to help you! You've got this, Chargers!
- April 20, 2020 - Welcome to Week 2 of our continuous learning plan! We are proud of our Charger Families for your hard work last week; we had 96% attendance in Week 1! Keep up the good work! Assignments for Week 2 are posted today, and our teachers are ready to assist you on Mon, Wed and Fri from 9-11 AM and 1-3 PM. Students should complete this week's attendance link provided in Classroom.
The West Noble Staff will be parading through the community to wave at students on Tuesday, April 21 beginning at 2 PM. We will pass through Kimmell, Cromwell, Ligonier and Wawaka. Watch for us!
- April 13, 2020 - Good Morning Chargers! Today is week one of our continuous learning plan. This week's lessons and attendance form are posted in Google Classroom accounts today. Staff are available to help you from 9-11 AM and 1-3 PM Mon, Wed and Fri this week. If you wish to call the school and leave a message, please use (260) 894-3191 ex. 2001 or ex. 2055. We will check messages frequently. We miss you! Let's keep moving forward together!
- April 9, 2020 - We continue to serve
- April 6, 2020 - Spring Break Weekly Activities
- March 30, 2020 - Weekly Activities
- March 23, 2020 - Weekly Activities
- March 18, 2020 - WNMS Families
- May 22, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- May 15, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- May 8, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- May 2, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- April 24, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- April 17, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- April 12, 2020 - WNP parents - If your student receives speech or language services please check your student's emails for a request from Mrs. Cabello to join her Google classroom. This email will not go to students who are in Early Intervention or Applied Skills.
- April 10, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- April 9, 2020 - Remote Learning Plan (April 13 - May 22)
- April 3, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- March 27, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- March 20, 2020 - WNP Family Newsletter
- WNP Leader in Me - Youtube Channel containing WNP videos
- April 1, 2020 - Charger Gear Friday, April 3.
- Our West Noble community is strong and compassionate. Right now, some of our finest people are battling illness. We want to surround these people and their families with prayer, love, and support. West Noble School Corporation is encouraging all community members to wear Charger Gear this Friday, April 3 to stand behind those who are currently fighting sickness. Please take a picture in your Charger attire (Red & Blue) and post it on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). You also may choose to hold a ¨Get Well" sign. Please include the hashtag #ChargerStrong so everyone can search for these photos. We are blessed to be in such a strong community!
- March 30, 2020 - Memo via Remind, Superintendent Mast
- The Food Service delivery to students for this Wednesday (April 1) has been canceled. We do not have any new updates from the Governor’s Office or from the Indiana Department of Education at this time, therefore, our expected return date to school is still May 1.
- March 27, 2020 - Memo via Remind, Superintendent Mast
- The county health director notified us today that there is a confirmed case of Coronavirus at West Noble. The person specified works in the corporation office. Please keep this person and their family in your prayers.
- March 13, 2020 - Letter from Superintendent Mast
- March 9, 2020 - Letter from Superintendent Mast
Technology - April 7
April 7, 2020 - How to Handle Chromebook Repairs
In this time of online continuous learning, your West Noble Technology Office would like to address chromebook repairs for all students, grades 2-12. Students, parents/guardians, teachers, or administrators can use this West Noble Chromebook Repair form to report chromebook problems. Because many issues can be resolved remotely, a technician will contact the student or parent/guardian directly with help. If a chromebook or charger is broken, we will schedule a device swap.
Student Wi-Fi Hotspots
April 7, 2020 - All of our school parking lots can be used as hotspots. If close enough to the building, the signal should be available.
March 25, 2020 - Additional hotspots
LigtTel Communications has added more Wi-Fi Hotspots for students to use for E-Learning and schoolwork. Please see the attached document for additional information concerning the hotspots.
The new Wi-Fi Hotspot locations are
Wolf Lake Grain & Farm Supply
1644 State Road 109, Albion, IN 46701
North side of the main building (back towards Wolf Lake). Open parking lot area.
Half Acre Cafe
23 State Road 9, Albion, IN 46701
Southwest part of the parking lot. Next to the big telephone pole.
March 20, 2020
A huge thank you to LigTel Communications. As of today, they have installed several Wi-Fi hotspots at various locations in Noble County where families can take their children and have access to internet service allowing them to complete their work.
Please see the attached document for additional information concerning the hotspots. Parents/students may have additional information via communications with teachers/principals.
Food Service for Students
May 27, 2020 - Last time to receive meals.
April 3, 2020
Food service will not be handing out meals next week during spring break. That service will resume on the 15th of April.
March 30, 2020
Food Service delivery to students for this Wednesday, April 1, has been canceled.
March 17, 2020
All WN students, age 0 through grade 12, are eligible to receive free meals while WN Schools are closed due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19. This program starts Wednesday, March 25 and runs each Wednesday through April 22 including Spring Break. It will be a drive-through with staff handing out the bags.
Each bag will contain 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches. Parents should check the bags as some products will need to be refrigerated. Also, if your child has a peanut allergy, check the bag before serving your student.
- Dates: Wednesdays - Last serving date will be May 27, 2020
- Times and Locations – You may pick up meals at either site, not both. Children need to be present.
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – West Noble Primary / Front Drive
- 5:oo pm – 7:00 pm – West Noble High School / Front Staff Parking Lot
Weekend Food Bags - Begins Saturday, April 4
March 27, 2020
Charger PowerPaks (weekend food bags) will be distributed every Saturday throughout the remainder of the shutdown period beginning April 4. PowerPaks will be available to any West Noble student in need of weekend food. Food can be picked up at three sites: WN Primary from 10-11:00 am, Eagle's Nest from 11:15 am - 12:00 pm and Stone Ridge Estates from 12:15-1:00 pm. A truck will be parked at the parking lot of WNP, the main building at the front of Eagle's Nest and the old Marathon parking lot of Stone Ridge Estates. PowerPaks are distributed through New Community Initiatives, not West Noble Schools, and will be given on a first come first serve basis.
Closings/Cancellations/Postponements (relating to WNSC)
- March 30, 2020 - Food Service delivery to WN students has been canceled for April 1.
- March 17 - Final practice for all spring sports and events until further notice
- March 16, 2020 - WN Middle School - All athletic events and practices canceled until further notice.
- March 12, 2020 - The JR NECC Athletics - (RE: 2020 JR NECC Wrestling & JR NECC Girls Basketball Tournaments) The Jr. NECC recognizes the fluidity of COVID-19 and its impact on hosting events in a public space. COVID-19 is spreading rapidly in the United States, and behavioral risk mitigation strategies are the best for slowing the spread of this disease. Due to an abundance of caution during this National Health Emergency involving the COVID-19 virus, the Jr. NECC is indefinitely postponing the 2020 Jr NECC Girls Basketball Tournament, as well as the 2020 Jr. NECC Wrestling Tournament. The decision on when, or if the tournament will resume, will be made by the administration of all conference schools. We will move forward and work in a consistent manner with current information, and we will continue to monitor and make adjustments as needed.