- Feb 24 - Extended School Day Begins (see information below)
- Mar 01 - Helping Children Succeed After Divorce @ WNMS
- Mar 03 through 07 - Read Across America and Dr Seuss week - activities listed below
- Mar 24 - Kindergarten Round-Up
- where: West Noble Primary
- time: 3 pm - 8 pm
- Mar 25 - Kindergarten Round-Up
- where: West Noble Primary
- time: 10 am - 8 pm
- Apr 7 through Apr 11 - Spring Break / No School
- Apr 18 - Make-up Day
- Jun 02 - Make-up Day
- Jun 03 - Make-up Day
- Jun 04 - Make-up Day
- Jun 05 - Make-up Day
- Jun 06 - Make-up Day - last student day pending additional cancellations
- Jun 08 - Graduation
In celebration of Read Across America and Dr. Seuss' upcoming birthday, WNP is holding the following activities March 3-7:
- Monday - "Fox in Socks" CRAZY SOCK DAY!
- Tuesday - "Cat in the Hat" HAT DAY!
- Wednesday - "Wacky Wednesday" DRESS WACKY!
- Thursday - "Oh the Places You Will Go" WHAT YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP!
- Friday - "Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss" DRESS AS A WHO!
- Additional pictures
Mrs. Sitts, Mrs. Deel, and Mrs. Garner embraced Wacky Wednesday with a splash of FUN!
WNP celebrated National Strawberry Day (February 27th), on February 28th due to school cancellation.
Approximately 500 WNP students and staff gathered in the cafeteria to enjoy their very own small strawberry pie with sprinkles and whipped cream! Mr. Shpeherd did an official countdown and everyone took their first bite at the same time! WNP strives on being a team and doing things "together"!
WNP's school counselor, Alyssa Juday, devoted her time and effort in baking over 550 mini-pies for this sweet occasion!
West Noble's PTO held their second annual Winter Blast on February 23rd. We were pleased to see so many faces from the community and would like to extend a warm thank you to each of you that came out to show your support and join us for the festivities!
We would also like to thank everyone that volunteered to help with this event. Your efforts were much appreciated. Additional photos.
(Posted February 19, 2014)
West Noble School Corporation will be going with an extended school day in order to make-up time lost due to weather related cancellations. The plan is as follows: beginning MONDAY, February 24, 2014 the school day will begin 15 minutes earlier and dismissal will be extended 15 minutes. Bus drivers will let students know what the adjusted pick-up times will be. This schedule will continue through May 23rd, pending additional cancellations. With this change, we project the last student day to be June 5th.
Start and dismissal times are as follows:
- New DAWN - Begins one hour prior to the start of school and ends at the regular time.
- WNP - 7:35 am to 3:00 pm Kindergarten / 3:05 pm 1st grade
- WNE - 7:45 am to 3:15 pm
- MS - 7:45 a, tp 3:20 pm
- HS - 7:45 am to 3:25 pm
We WILL have school on Good Friday, April 18, 2014.
Currently, we need to make-up 14 days. The make-up schedule is as follows:
- Make-up day 1 – waived by the state
- Make-up day 2 - made-up Feb 14
- Make-up day 3 – made-up Feb 17
- Make-up day 4 – will be made-up April 18
- Make-up day 5 – will be made-up Jun 02
- Make-up day 6 – will be made-up Jun 03
- Make-up day 7 – will be made-up Jun 04
- Make-up day 8 – will be made-up Jun 05
- Make-up days 9-13 – will be made-up via the 60 extended school days (Feb 24 – May 23)
- Make-up day 14 - will be made-up Jun 06
At this time graduation will still be held on Sunday, June 8th.
The price for a student breakfast is changing effective January 1, 2014. The new price is $1.25. Lunch prices will remain the same at $1.65 per lunch meal for West Noble Primary and West Noble Elementary students and $2.25 per lunch meal for middle and high school students. Also effective January 1, 2014, the percentage charged to parents, to use My Payments Plus to pay for school lunches, will be waived.
The West Noble PTO is a parent run organization designed to support West Noble teachers in their efforts to educate our children. The PTO helps teachers with in-school and after-school activities, such as: Popcorn Friday, Read like a Rock Star, Cookies and Cocoa with Santa, Winter Blast and much, much more! Click here for additional information and upcoming events and meetings.
||Fuel Up to Play 60 is a program founded by the National Dairy Council and NFL, in collaboration with USDA, that empowers students to take charge in making small, everyday changes at school. Students can win cool prizes for choosing good-for-you foods and getting active for at least 60 minutes every day.
Fuel Up to Play 60 and Winners Drink Milk supplements the WNP Growing Healthy Program.
WNP's involvement in Fuel Up to Play 60 is demonstrated by the following:
- Deb Yoder, WNP Gym Teacher, emphasizing the fitness as well as the nutrition side of a healthy body.
- Nurse Denise giving taste tests, from a variety of foods, to students during the school day.
- WNP School Walking Program. WNP currently has over 13,000 student miles in the school walking program. Any WNP student walking at least 150 miles during the school will receive a free pair of shoes from Fred Toenges.
Check out the links above to learn more about how Fuel Up to Play 60 is engaging students and the positive impact it has in their schools. Help your child to establish lifelong healthy habits concerning eating and staying physically active.
West Noble Primary School wants parents to know about a resource for parents provided by the Indiana Department of Education. It is Indiana's Parent Information and Resource Center (PIRC). We know schools improve when they partner with parents. You can access it easily at www.fscp.org. This site gives parents helpful hints on helping your child.
West Noble Primary does not have a supply list. Your child's supplies will be in their classroom on the first day of school. The cost for Kindergarten is $12 and the cost for 1st Grade is $12. You can pay for supplies at registration.
New students need to bring a birth certificate, a former grade card, any special education or gifted information, current address and phone number, parents place of employment and work number, custody papers if applicable, 2 emergency contact phone numbers along with names, and immunization records.
- Sra. Aracely Garcia, ext. 4000 - West Noble Primary
- Sra. Claudia Christenson, ext. 1005 - West Noble Elementary
- Sra. Toy Mast, ext. 2015 - West Noble Middle School
The vision of West Noble Primary School is to provide a safe and inviting environment which allows our students to meet high expectations with a lifelong love of learning.